Thursday, February 23, 2006

And Now For Something Completely Different....

A short story,
For The Love of a Son
I was born into this life unable to breath due to a collapsed lung. The Lord blessed my parents that day by giving their son the breath of life.
My soul must have hated being in the flesh from day one, but I reveled in it partaking of every secret sinful thing I could while my Heavenly Father softly called.
When I was born again I saw my Father, and quickly fell asleep.
My soul must have loved being cradled in my Fathers arms but I hated it and kicked and flailed my limbs about crying in my sleep while my Father softly coed.
When I woke up, my Father was still holding me in His arms and He fed me His Word but I fused and spit up and fell back to sleep.
My soul must have loved being fed for it cried for more but I was tired and ignored it as best I could.
I opened my eyes after the nap and my Father smiled. I was content and He fed me His Word.
I was hungry and did not know. I ate and grew until I felt I could walk on my own.
My flesh must have enjoyed the brief walk but I was a baby and stumbled in my first step and desperately flailed my arms about trying to remain upright when the Lord picked me up and said, "Now do you understand you can do nothing on your own that does not end in pain?".
I did not understand, being an infant.
My soul must have hated all the nicks and bruises I forced up on it in my insistence to explore the hard and bumpy path while my Father softly tread on the path of righteousness.
I stood and I fell.
I looked to my Father and I spoke my first words.
"Why?"
"Why do you stay with me? Why do you suffer for my distress, for my struggles? Why do you allow me to be hurt and cry?".
"WHY?"
I looked to my Father and I tripped in the flesh and hurt myself but my Father saved my soul and He showed me how to trust.
When I took my Fathers hand I got off my knees and began to walk.
I looked to my Lord and said, "I love you Father!".
He replied, "Now you know why."
By Michael Pendleton

No comments: