Monday, March 06, 2006

A Shout Out!

I simply wanted to give a shout out to Lorraine . She commented on my short story so I checked her site out. She is a young girl I found out that seems to need some encouraging words. She reminds me a lot of myself in that she self analyzes herself to shreds. It's in all her writing.

So Lorraine, if your reading this, I might not know the right things to say but I do know that from what I have read you are a very lucky, smart, ambitious, and pretty girl. I think you should lighten up on yourself. Don't apologize for your writing. It is who you are. Don't apologize for being yourself.

I thank you for your kind words. They have encouraged me to pull out my folder of old writings and post a couple poems. I hope that something here encourages you and if not here then I pray that God will bring somebody to this post that knows exactly what you need to hear.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm back. Thanks so much for posting something for me, I really appreciate it. Even for commenting on how I write (I have always wanted to know how people would react or positively criticize my writings, because I never received those kinds of comments). I even appreciate your saying that I need encouragement. I'm not offended at all. In fact, I have always been seeking for encouragement. Thank you so much for everything.

In Christ,
Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Hello. About your comment on my post on bass guitaring, I did not mean for a female playing the bass guitar ... to be a sin. Sorry for making you misunderstand.
And I know of no way to contact you so again I'm sorry for making comments on your blog a way to contact you.
Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Michael. She is indeed, adorable.

Anonymous2004

Michael Pendleton said...

Lorraine,

Your very welcome for whatever I have done which I don't think was anything but your welcome none the less.

You don't need to appologize. I understood you. I didn't think that playing bass guitar was a sin.

I think you misunderstood me. I was simply saying that if there is something you want to do and it is not a sin or dangerous then I wouldn't let anyone stop you from doing it.

Getting in contact with me at this site is fine. Please feel free to speak about anything, at anytime, in any post.