Saturday, March 04, 2006

A Short Story

My Lord and I walked one day out upon the deep, and taking a few steps away,
the Lord asked, "What do you see?".

"I see only you in your glory", I replied.

The Lord took my hand and together we walked on when He said, "Do you see the waves upon the deep where we tread?".
"Yes my Lord", I replied.
"The deep is my Word.", He said taking a few steps away. "Now what do you see?".
"I see you in your glory supported by the Word." I said.
"Are not the waves supported by the deep too? Do they not move about upon it spilling over into each other and merging to move on stronger than before?".

My Lord and I walked on together.
"Do you see the Son?" My Lord asked.
"Yes my Lord" I replied.
"The Son warms the air over the deep which causes winds to churn up the waves upon it". The Lord stepped away, "Now tell me what you see".
"I see the Son in your divine glory supported by the word in the wind that directs the waves".

The Lord said, "See how the waves move about in all directions, these are my children and each is supported by the Word though no two are the same or will lead the same course as directed by the wind which is the Spirit".
"Now tell me what you see".

"I see the Son in your glory supported by the Word overlooking your children in the Spirit that guides them".

"Do the waves know how far below the deep extends? They can not. The waves reach into the deep and the wind directs them to form currents which are constantly changing and never ending but the deepest currents are not made by waves but by the hand of God".

"I do not understand my Lord" I said.

"Only the Father understands the movements of the deep until the Son calls the waves home when all will know the glory that is in the Word".

"I do not understand Father" I said.

My Lord stepped back, "What do you see?".

"I see the Son in your glory supported by the deep which is the Word as directed by the Father over your children who reach for the Father guided by the wind which is the Spirit that the Son is in".

My Lord put his arm around me, "Do you trust the Son?".

"Yes Lord, with all my heart".

"Then you understand as much as any of my children can".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I'm considering linking to your blog. May God bless you and your ministry!