Sunday, April 16, 2006

Sunday Morning

The kids are marching around under orders from their mom. "Brush your teeth! Brush that hair! Here, wear this!" All the while she is trying to get ready.....

"Michael, Help Me!".

"How? You wouldn't like what I lay out for the girls. I can't do your hair. I took the trash out. I did the morning dishes. I'm just going to stay out of the way."

And so I wander over to the computer. I surf around the blogs. I make some comments. I try and remember to pray for my pastor. I try to remember to pray for.....I just try to remember to pray.

I think about the day ahead. The Risen Lord. My Savior. I think about how I'll mumble the songs and wonder why I don't shout with joy the hymns I read. I sometimes try and rehearse a prayer incase I'm called on but I seldom am and if I am I never remember what it was I was going to say.

I have been reading today about how special and great today should be. It's Easter Sunday! Yep, somehow it's the same as every Sunday. Not to say I don't love my Risen Savior and what He has done for me. Not to say I am not remembering the Cross and Calvery. Not to say I don't remember and think of the empty tomb.....but I really do think of these things every Sunday. I think of these things most every morning in the hour drive I have to work. I think of these things when I'm beating myself up for not being perfect. I think of these things when I'm remembering how far the Lord has brought me. I think of these things as I read all of your thoughts on the blogs I surf. I think of these things when I'm far from God and am in desperate need of finding the one prayer that will bring me back. I think of these things when I'm all snuggled up close and in perfect fellowship. I'm thinking of these things now as my wife calls from the background........

"Will you come finish these dishes! I don't want to come home to them."

I must go. Duty calls.

Have a great Day Your In!

9 comments:

Nephos said...

I believe it is a good thing that you feel this way every Sunday morning. Each Sunday is a remembrance of the resurrection.

I explain it this way: Each Sunday we celebrate the FACT of the resurrection. On Easter we celebrate the ACT.

Hope you have a blessed Resurrection Sunday!

btw...I'll probably be doing dishes also. :<(

Michael Pendleton said...

Here's hoping PURITAN stops by and reads this.

HAPPY EASTER! I tried at your blog but you have turned comments off.

Glad to see your back.

jel said...

hi hope you and your family had a great day!

Joe said...

michael,

Thank you for comming by my blog and for the kind words.

As worship leader at my church, i try to help our people understand that the very reason we meet on Sundays is to celebrate the resurrected Jesus through worship.

Modern Day Magi said...

nicely said cameron
"Each Sunday we celebrate the FACT of the resurrection. On Easter we celebrate the ACT."

Happy Easter to you Michael, stay safe and blessed in the eyes of our Lord.

MDM

kc bob said...

I sometimes start my day down ... today (Easter) I was a bit down ... sometimes life is a bit harder than the day before. Today worship seemed to lift me past the blues and get me looking up ... things look a bit better from that perspective ... maybe I'll remember next time :)

Happy Easter Michael!

PS: I just realized that the word verification word is 'klutz' ... sooo appropriate today ... blogger.com must have a sense of humor.

Tim A said...

Michael,
I remember the feeling when I first started pastoring a church. My wife and I have five children - all of whom are now married and we have a few grandchildren.
When we were into a church parsonage for the first time I always went early to the church to "Get out of the way". My reason or excuse was to go and prepare myself for preaching and the people.
Hope you had a great resurrection day and like the others said we do every week. Each Sunday morning we remember HE LIVES.

Curious Servant said...

Happy Easter.

Just blog skipping this afternoon and I thought I'd leave a note to say thanks.

God bless!

Gordon said...

TA--that sure sounds familiar! LOL