Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Decisions

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers in/on the previous two post. I have considered them all. I have had a chance to talk with somebody I respect and I have received some additional good advice. Just voicing my thoughts and feelings helped immensely. Here are some decisions I have made.

I am going to talk to God whether I'm cut off or not due to bad feelings I hold. I'm not going to let myself cut myself off.

I am going to refocus my prayers. Instead of praying for others to change or what I usually do is pray for Him to change me, I'm going to pray that He will help me simply get out of the way so that He can work through me for change in everything.

I was told to start a family bible study on Proverbs. I have thought about this. I think it good advice. I think I will simply let God speak. I'll read a bit and let everyone decide what it is saying to them. I don't think I'll have any specific study plan since I would aim it and that wouldn't be of God.

I am going to let my step son pick a new bible so that we will all have the same translation for the bible study instead of each of us having something different. People often have strong emotions over their bibles. I know I was devastated when I lost my first bible. I still wonder if one day it will ever find it's way back to me. I think between picking his own and knowing it is the same as his "mama's" bible will have an impact.

I am beginning to see one set of footprints in the sand and it's not because I was alone.

Awhile back I asked what people would like me to write about here. I have leaned toward the idea of Ecclesiastes. I think I will start on this soon with a goal of posting roughly every three days.

3 comments:

J. Mark Miller said...

Michael,

Hello. Thanks for stopping by. I'll have to take a read through your blog as soon as I get some time. I think I'll start with this Heaven series you were talking about.

I post a (rather lengthy) answer to your question on my blog about hymns. I hope that gives you a little insight as to where I was coming from. Feel free to ask more if I didn't answer the question.

Thanks again for stopping by.

Gordon said...

Michael, I am praying for you in this next step of your walk with God.

Live, Love, Laugh said...

Michael, sounds like a fun study to do Proverbs as a family study. We take our bibles to the table at dinner and after we eat, we all share. It has brought us so closely together and definately it is a time of "iron sharpening iron!" Hope your study does well.