Sunday, November 25, 2007

... One Year Later

If anyone has ever checked in on this here old blog of mine in the past year they would have saw a couple post about me making music and asking for your support.

I have deleted those post and thus the last post is over a year old now.

Much has happened in the past year. None of it has helped my walk with the Lord. Most of it has helped me walk away. If you would like to pray about that I would appreciate it.

I have changed jobs and that had much to do with everything. I slowly started dropping the things I love the most. I quit going to night seminary. I couldn't accept my pastor paying for the classes anymore when I wasn't doing my part anymore at church and had become discontent completely with the church I attend (yes, I still go there, not often enough).

I stopped making music. I stopped reading my bible. I stopped praying.

As of this writing most of these things are still current.

I'm going to go over this blog and fix any broken links and whatnot.

I'm thinking maybe I'll start posting again. I'm thinking I miss the challenge of the study it takes to write the Deeper Truth. I know I miss being in the Word and have been picking it up lately, just picking it up, not opening it, yep, I suck.

I'm thinking I miss making music but I won't be trying to bring that into this blog anymore.

I looked over some of the writings here. The Lord really has blessed me hasn't He? I should do something more with it. That sorta seems to be a thing with me through out the writings here. A head full of Deeper Truth and me stumbling and bumbling through my life.

"Sometimes I feel I am lost in darkness. Sometimes I tarry a little too far behind my Shepherd.

He understands. He holds up, He whispers to His flock to remain still for a moment, while He turns to coax me back into the light." from Curious Servant's Art

Wonder if anyone will even know I wrote something .... One Year Later

16 comments:

kc bob said...

"Wonder if anyone will even know I wrote something .... One Year Later"

Some of us will Michael.. welcome back to bloggerville.. we missed you and are glad to have you back.

You know, we are often our worst critic.. I know that I can still flog myself pretty good.. so know that you are in good (or is that bad) company.

Just take it a day at a time. Look forward to coming back to your blog.

Blessings, Bob

Curious Servant said...

I'm glad for your visit. And a little flattered you would quote me.

I've had a very difficult time of late myself, which was the inspiration for that picture the quote refers to...

I have another blog, one for my more private challenges, which some folks have followed along in order to lift me up. I likmit who can read it.

If you are interested I will email you the address.

You can contact me at this more private email address:

greenleaf.will@gmail.com

God bless you, brother.

Anonymous said...

Michael, it's good to hear from you, brother. We've missed you. I know that you've been going through a difficult time in your life. My prayers are with you. I hope you know that if I can do anything for you, all you have to do is call me. Hang in there and don't give up.

jel said...

WooHoo!
look who is Back!!!!!


glad to see ya!

Anonymous said...

Yep, I noticed! ;) Stay in touch, brother. You are not alone.

Nephos said...

Good to see you back! You have been in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Where are your friends to help you along your path ?

Anonymous said...

merry CHRISTmas!



jel

Anonymous said...

Someone explained to me once that our walk with God is like the seasons. Sometimes we are in Spring when everything is new and fresh and sometimes we are in Winter when eveything seems dead and cold. But not to fear because Spring will come again.

I will be praying for you.
Jazi

Duke said...

Peace be with the moderator as well as all those reading this message.
The time has come.
I am here to bring judgment to the living and the dead. Spread the news, the harvest is ripe.

The Faithful Witness

Anonymous said...

Just like everything else a quitter at this too.

Curious Servant said...

email me. I want to help.

greenleaf.will@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the reason for writing in a blog is to express yourself in good times and in bad times along with talking about everyday life. Most of the comments I've seen on my son's blog are positive and I know he appreciates reading them. Yes. Michael is my son and I know he pours his heart out to all of you that read his blog. I wish he had more time to write in it. His job keeps him VERY busy and he commutes, so his time is not his own anymore. I decided to write this little blurp because of a comment I read. This one...

"Anonymous said...
Just like everything else a quitter at this too.
5/04/2008 02:25:00 PM"

This comment really rubbed me the wrong way. As his mother I know Michael better than anyone and he is not a quitter. The person who wrote this probably does not know my son and I just feel like they shouldn't put negative comments on here about him. Just my opinion. And, I appreciate all the positive things that people write. Michael needs "positive" in his life just like all the rest of us. Thank you for "positive".... My site is listed on his blog. Please feel free to check it out and know that Michael has a mom who loves him deeply.

Anonymous said...

Michael,
I just came to check out your blog, and wondering what had happened.
We can all get in the wrong way with God at times.
I realize I am coming here almost a year following the writing of this article, and I pray that you will make things right between you and the Lord. He is gracious, and I pray that your Chrisian brothers and sisters will be just as gracious. I will be.
If you need to talk or write you may send me an email at timablankenship@yahoo.com
God bless you brother.
T.A.

kc bob said...

Just wondering how you are doing..

Diet Menu said...

Nice post and Keep on updating.